We are all unique beings and so we all have a unique way of living. With that said, we do lots of similar routines and eat similar foods and do similar activities and tasks and have similar lifestyles. What I have been practicing the past few months has been to experience my "felt sense" more. How our bodies experience emotions, feelings, sensations. Experiencing sensation in the body when fear arises, when happiness arises, when confusion arises etc. and how it all connects into my body's expression. Our bodies are like antennae picking up the world around us all day long. Our minds tend to be the puppeteers of our bodies and so as a society we have lost touch with our "felt sense". We let our minds run the show and therefore we have disconnected from the experience in front of us. If you were to ask yourself what sensations do you feel when you are happy, what comes up? When we FEEL "good", what sensation is associated with that word? We often find it easier to describe pain and discomfort but happiness, joy or "good" "fine" tend to be words we use...but not emotions we can feel or sensations we experience.
Cleansing is a great way to gain insight into this felt sense experience. It's a wonderful way to explore our bodies and minds. It's in a sense a "pausing" to enable reconnection, recharging and refreshing our lives. On a more physical level we can learn what foods heal, nourish and fuel us the best. What foods leave us tired, anxious and bloated. On a more emotional level, we learn our patterns, what leaves us stuck, what gets in our way of success and how we feel about ourselves.
I like to encourage Food Based Cleanses. As a general guide your plate has a ratio of 75-85% fresh whole food veggies and then the 15-25% is healthy fats and plant based protein like nuts, seeds and a sprinkle of grains if needed. Therefore you are not starving, you are able to provide your body with healing food and nourishment that your body thrives on.
Let’s face it…most people (yes, including me) are not walking around eating 100% healthy at every meal and thinking 100% positive at every moment...we are HUMAN! Toxins are everywhere. In the food we eat (chemicals, pesticides, processed food, sugar etc), the air we breathe (environment, pollution), through skin care products, household cleaning products, house hold items (furniture, building materials etc). Thank goodness our bodies are warriors and they do an excellent job of detoxing and cleaning house in our bodies. Unfortunately without our help (some of the time) of choosing what goes in and on our bodies…our organs and natural systems in the body become overworked, overstimulated, overburdened with toxins. If we help our bodies on a regular basis, then cleansing won't feel so uncomfortable and you will experience more freedom! Therefore, cleansing is a great way to help your body rid itself of toxins that get backed up in our physical body and mental body. It gives us the pause to reconnect and get back into our bodies felt sense, reflect and make changes in our diet, change the way we view ourselves and take back our power of doing what is best for us. Cleansing once or twice a year can be a delicious, nourishing journey that transforms your body, your mind and your overall well being.
Signs your body could benefit from a cleansing:
- Fatigue - your just tired all the time no matter what…unless you have your caffeine you feel you can’t function.
- Digestive issues (constipation or diarrhea)
- Migraines / Headaches
- Hormone imbalances
- Anxiety / Depression
- Mood Swings
- Brain Fog - can’t think clearly and you have trouble concentrating
- Muscle Aches / Joint discomfort
- Skin breakouts or dullness
Why do A Cleanse?
- Boosts Your Energy – As you cut back on the highly processed foods and eat more vibrant whole foods with added hydration your body feels lighter and your body restores its natural energy. By cutting out the sugar, caffeine, trans fat, saturated fat, and replacing them with fresh fruits and vegetables, you’ll be getting a natural energy boost, one that comes without a resultant crash.
- Increases vibrational frequency - when eating fresh organic produce your are eating rich enzyme nutrient foods that carry a high vibration frequency, which you connect and develop as well. This frequency helps to assimilate energy and nutrients throughout our bodies.
- Clear Thinking – Lose that sense of fogginess and have more clarity due the absence of sugar and processed foods that bring a poor quality and heaviness to our minds.
- Stronger immune system – When we rid our bodies of the heavy processed and sugar laden foods we give our internal organs a breather and they don’t have to work so hard in order to function properly which gives your immune system a boost, you absorb nutrients better and the lymphatic system flows better.
- Improved Skin – Since your skin is the largest organ, during a cleanse your skin will absolutely reap the benefits as well. You may find your skin is clearer and smoother with a healthy natural glow at the end.
- Helps with weight loss – As I don’t recommend a cleanse as a diet plan it is certainly a good way to jump start your body into a healthy nourishing way of living. Since you are getting rid of the heavy foods that weigh you down and created a disruption in your hormones which affects your metabolism your body begins to reset and restore back to a healthy functioning body which means healthy weight.
- Deeper awareness – As you detox and cleanse away the “bad” you begin to tune more into your body. Discovering a healthy connection with food, your body and your lifestyle. You restore the energy flow in your body and become more alive, awake and aware. You will release toxic energy and make room for healthy healing and nurturing energy.
Your results are all based on how much YOU put into it. I'm here to support you. Take back your body and own your power once again. Cleanse away the old and invite in the healing powers, Your body and mind deserve all the best attention.
Happy Cleansing + Healing,